Overview:Pack your fishing gear and your raft and bring family and friends, because this corridor has something for everyone. This North Umpqua Wild and Scenic River Corridor is known for its stunning forest setting with the emerald green waters of the North Umpqua running right through the heart of it. Nestled amongst old-growth trees, one can relax at Susan Creek Campground, take a hike along the river on the 1.5 mile long Emerald Trail or stroll up the short trail to 50’ tall Susan Creek Falls. Anglers from across the country, flock to the North Umpqua to fly-fish for the elusive salmon and steelhead. The 79-mile long North Umpqua Trail is perfect for longer distance hikes and mountain bike excursions.
Know Before You Go:
- Susan Creek Campground opens late-April and closes late-October.
- Pets are allowed in the campground, but must be kept on a 6-foot or shorter leash.
- 29 individual camping sites, 15 of which can be reserved for part of the year. To reserve sites visit www.recreation.gov or call 1-877-444-6777.
- The North Umpqua is a class III whitewater river. It demands your attention.
- Angling on this stretch of the river is limited to fly-fishing only.
Point of Interest:The spectacular 79-mile long North Umpqua Trail is popular with hiker and mountain bikers, and can be accessed by crossing the Tioga Bridge or at Swiftwater day-use area.
Brochure: North Umpqua Wild and Scenic River
Explore Oregon Recreation: North Umpqua Wild and Scenic River Corridor
ARE North Umpqua Wild And Scenic River campsites SOLD OUT?
We can help! Many campsite reservations are cancelled daily. Just tell us when you’d like to camp at North Umpqua Wild And Scenic River, and how long you want to camp for. We’ll text you when a suitable spot opens up!Scan for cancellations
Contact North Umpqua Wild And Scenic River
- Booking site: https://www.recreation.gov
Spotted an error?
Whoops! Sometimes we make mistakes. Want to help improve the North Umpqua Wild And Scenic River listing? Please suggest a correction.
UNABLE TO RESERVE A CAMPSITE?
Get notified when a sold-out campground has availability
Tell us when, where, and how long you want to camp for. We’ll notify you (via SMS) when a suitable spot opens up at that campground—so you can nab that sold-out campsite reservation!